Recipe of the month: “Vegetable pancakes”Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Giardino feeling and Ayurveda for your home? No problem! With our recipe of the month, the “vegetable pancake” from our Ayurveda experts, you can easily remember the great moments of your stay at Giardino Ascona with an Ayurvedic spring dish at home, or get in the mood for the upcoming stay. Here you can find the whole recipe to easily reproduce:
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 Bunch finely chopped wild garlic
- 2 Finely shredded carrots
- 200 g Chickpea flour
- 50 g Spelt flour
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- Rock salt according to taste
- Mineral water, approx. 300 ml, depending on the consistency
- Freshly chopped nettle or basil
- First, start washing and finely chopping the herbs and vegetables, grating the carrots.
- Next, mix the chickpea flour and spelt flour in a large bowl.
- Then add the spices and slowly add the water. Now stir everything well.
- In the next step, add the vegetables and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Then fry the pancakes in ghee or sunflower oil. After that, you can serve the finished vegetable pancakes with dandelion salad and nettle salad.
- Et voilà! Ready is the perfect and healthy vegetable pancake. Buon appetito!
Things to know
Currently, spring is just around the corner and nature invites us to gather wild herbs. These said herbs help us now to detoxify our excretory organs. Especially the liver, our most important detoxification organ, needs a little support after the winter. Following are the herbs that can be found in meadows and forests that stimulate bile production and gently detoxify the liver:
dandelion, wild garlic, and sorrel.
In addition, stinging nettle tea and birch leaf tea are excellent ways to help the kidneys.
All the herbs mentioned have a deacidifying effect and can be prepared well as a tea, or you can enjoy them as a salad or add them to vegetable soup.