7 tips for strong defencesEstimated reading time: 2 minutes
In Ayurveda, the health of the intestine is given an important role and Ayurveda sees a close connection between the immune system and the intestine. 70-80 % of all cells that produce antibodies are located in the mucous membrane of the intestine. Therefore, an intact intestine is the prerequisite for a strong immune system. In European naturopathy it is known that many respiratory diseases such as asthma are associated with a poorly functioning intestine.
For optimal health, besides the right choice of food, good transport, optimal breakdown and absorption (absorption of nutrients) and good elimination of waste products are essential.
What can we do in concrete terms to support the health of our intestines and thus our defences?
- Give preference to natural, wholesome and basic foods, white flour and sugar did not come to us until industrialisation. All refined foods as well as finished products contain insufficient vital substances and are not sufficient to maintain good health.
- Drink between 2-3 litres of warm boiled water daily, this helps to clean the body channels and activates the peristalsis of the intestines.
- Make sure that you digest regularly and daily. If you suffer from constipation, you can soak a tablespoon of linseed in water in the evening and consume it first thing the following morning. Then drink 2-3 cups of ginger water.
- Avoid stress and fear, these weaken our immune system.
- Allow yourself enough exercise and spend a lot of time in the forest or garden. Vitamin D, which is often referred to as the sun vitamin, is 90% produced in the body by sunlight and is responsible for important processes of the immune system.
- Enjoy fresh garden herbs and spices that strengthen the digestive system and make food easier to digest.
Make sure you get enough rest and sleep, these also help to strengthen our immune system.
Our Ayurveda specialists will be happy to provide you with dietary recommendations that are appropriate for your constitution as well as tips on micronutrients.
The hotel to the story:
Hotel Giardino Ascona, Ascona
More details under:
Ayurveda by Giardino