Recipe of the month:
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
«Apple Cinnamon Porridge»
The temperatures are dropping and it is getting uncomfortable outside. It is time for a delicious start to the day with a warming Ayurvedic breakfast. With our recipe of the month, the “Apple–Cinnamon Porridge” from our Ayurveda experts, you can easily remember the great moments of your stay at Giardino Ascona with an Ayurvedic autumn dish, or get in the mood for the upcoming stay. Here you can find the whole recipe for easy reproduction:
Ingredients (for one portion)
- 1 Apple
- 5 tbs Oatmeal
- 150 ml Almond Milk
- 1–2 Dates
- 1/2 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Pinches of Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Turmeric
- 1 tbs Rated Coconut or Coconut Flakes
- First, start washing the apple and cut it in half. In this step, you also remove the core. Then peel one half and cut this half of the apple into small cubes. Leave the other half unpeeled and cut it into thin slices for decoration. Chop the dates as well.
- In the next step, first lightly toast the 5 tablespoons of oatmeal in the pot. Then add the apple cubes, 150 ml almond milk, 1–2 dates, half a teaspoon of cocoa powder, and a pinch of cinnamon and turmeric to the pot. Bring all the ingredients to a boil once, stirring constantly.
- Then carefully remove the pot from the heat onto a trivet and let the contents swell for another 5 minutes or so.
- Finally, pour the porridge into a bowl and garnish with unpeeled apple slices, another pinch of cinnamon, and coconut flakes.
- Et voilà! Your apple cinnamon porridge is ready. Buon appetito!
Things to know
This porridge offers you an energizing and comforting start to your day. The apple, sweet dates and also the warming spices of cinnamon and turmeric make this breakfast perfect for the fall season.
The recipe is suitable for the types Vata and Kapha. However, for the Vata type, the cocoa powder should be omitted.
More about Ayurveda in our hotels:
Ayurveda by Giardino
The hotel to the story:
Hotel Giardino Ascona