Switzerland has adopted sensible protective measures to contain the corona pandemic (Covid-19). These measures serve to protect both guests and employees. Here you will find a current list of the implementation at the Giardino Mountain for hotel, restaurant and spa as well as an overview of the measures taken by the mountain railways. We update this list on an ongoing basis.
At the hotelThe Giardino Mountain has its own operating concept for the prevention of Covid-19 infections. This ensures that the guidelines of Hotelleriesuisse, the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), SECO and Coiffeursuisse are implemented. Implementation is constantly monitored by a separate Corona officer. We also maintain constant contact with our medical officer and the cantonal health authorities.
- All contact points and storage areas as well as door handles, light switches etc. are regularly disinfected
- All employees are tested twice a week in the official test centre from the canton (www.mobiles-testcenter.ch)
- Disinfectant dispensers for guest use are located in all public areas
- Where necessary, floor markings are provided to ensure the recommended minimum distance is maintained
- Where necessary, we have transparent partitions to protect both guests and employees
- Our employees are trained in protective behaviour, in the use of protective material and in special cleaning
- Our employees also observe the rules of distance between themselves whenever possible and regularly disinfect their hands
- The public areas are regularly ventilated
- Our cleaning agent contains disinfectant solution
In the restaurants
- All meals can be served in the room, if desired
At the spa and hair salon
- In the hair salon all furniture, scissors and other tools are disinfected after each guest
- In the spa, the treatment rooms are ventilated and all instruments, materials and the room itself are disinfected with antiviral cleaners after each treatment
For the Mountain RailwaysThe Upper Engadine mountain railways are implementing the measures of the protection concept of the Swiss Cableway Industry Association. In general, all mountain railways in Switzerland are subject to the safety authority of the Federal Office of Transport (BAV) and are therefore on an equal footing with public transport.
Measurements in general
- Persons aged 12 and over must wear a mask in the entire ski area – with the exception of the pistes Refund on ski passes
- In the event of an official order to suspend all transport services due to a pandemic (lockdown), the selling price of tickets and subscriptions will be refunded in the form of a voucher.
- In the case Switzerland or the region of Engadine is put on quarantine/risk list or if you cannot travel to the Upper Engadin due to health reasons, any refund is excluded. A travel cancellation insurance therefore is strongly recommended.
Further FAQ and the more detailed and up-to-date measures can be found here at any time:
Cancellation PoliciesGeneral Cancellation Policies
Bookings can be cancelled free of charge up to 7 days prior to arrival. In the event of later cancellations, up to three nights of the booked stay will be charged. Please note the separate conditions of the early booking discounts.
FAQ for cancellations due to Corona (Covid-19)
- A cancellation free of charge is possible in case of:
- Cantonal travel ban or a border closure upon entry into Switzerland
- Quarantine obligation after the time of the booking confirmation for guests from other cantons/foreign countries on entry into the canton of Grison or Switzerland
- The cancellation is possible in these cases latest 15 days prior to arrival. If the above measures are published after this period, we grant a period of 2 days from the date of notification, in this case we will also contact you proactively.
In these cases the general cancellation policies of the hotel do apply (see above):
- Confirmed corona infection by the guest / one of the travel participants (we recommend that you book a travel insurance covering these events)
- Ordered quarantine by the cantonal doctor/tracing centre/local authorities (we recommend that you book a travel insurance covering these events)
- Quarantine obligation upon return from the canton of Grison or upon return from Switzerland, which already existed at the time of booking or will be implemented afterwards.
- In case of a lockdown in the canton of Grison or Switzerland
If the Federal Government or the Canton decides on a lockdown and the hotel cannot operate, it may withdraw from the contract free of charge. Any advance payments will be refunded. The Hotel has no further obligations.