The panchakarma cure is Ayurvedic cleansing par excellence – a system of five coordinated treatment cycles. As many Europeans would find the classic version of this cure quite rough, our Ayurveda therapists have developed a cleansing cure that is gentle yet highly effective, and therefore tailored to Western needs.
First, your individual dosha structure is determined by means of a 90-minute medical history consultation and pulse rate and tongue diagnosis. The aim is to uncover any physical disharmony. In addition, your eating habits and personal lifestyle are taken into account and reflected upon. Based on this, an individual treatment programme is developed, including a nutrition plan, Ayurvedic dietary supplements, herbal preparations, Ayurvedic treatments and recommendations for the time after the cure. The programme also includes all accompanying therapies such as yoga and meditation.
The cure focuses on awareness of a healthy life and the balance of the body, mind and soul. The Ayurveda cleansing cure by Giardino is recommended for maintaining health and when recovering from various ailments, such as nervous or musculoskeletal system disorders.
The panchakarma cure lasts at least 14 days and enables you to physically and mentally regenerate. During the cure, the digestive fire is strengthened and the body is gently freed of toxins (ama). Self-healing powers are activated and life energies renewed. You will experience a profound rejuvenation and regeneration on a physical, emotional and mental level. This cleansing cure helps you reduce stress, find yourself again and detoxify the body. Its healing effect creates physical and mental stability, and the immune system is sustainably strengthened.
The panchakarma cure includes:
– Medical history consultation with a pulse rate and tongue diagnosis as well as nutrition counselling
– 1 Ayurvedic cookery class
– 1 to 2 days of cleansing (virechana)
– Svedana perspiration therapy (heat therapy)
– Ayurvedic treatments based on the medical history
– Ayurvedic full board
– Dietary supplements
– Tea and hot water drinking cure
– Yoga, breathing exercises (pranayama) and meditation
– Snehana (ghee intake or alternatives)
– Therapeutic supervision and advice
– Participation in the weekly programme
– Entry to the spa area
– Final consultation and strengthening of the body’s natural resources
- Alcohol, coffee and other stimulants should be avoided.
- The cure prices already include all necessary cure services without any hidden additional costs (incl. a personal nutrition plan and full board).
- Hotel services are not included. Cure guests receive a 20% reduction on the room price (subject to availability during the high season and on public holidays).
14 days (extendable)
CHF 4,450 (excl. room price)
Ascona (April to October)
St. Moritz (December to March)
For consultations and enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the Ayurveda team: