An introduction to Ayurveda
Are you familiar with Ayurveda? Or do oil massages and Indian cuisine instantly spring to mind? As the world’s oldest form of health teaching, it is true that Ayurveda has its roots in present-day India, but its fundamentals can be optimally transferred to the Western hemisphere. After all, its objective is universal: balance.
The connection between physical health and spiritual well-being has now been confirmed by conventional medicine. Ayurveda, the over 3,500-year-old health system, builds on this finding. If an imbalance exists and the body and mind are not in harmony, illness follows. Ayurvedic therapies aim to restore balance and therefore address the root of the problem.
The three-day “An introduction to Ayurveda” cure will give you an insight into what an Ayurvedic therapy can achieve. You will discover which imbalance is causing your ailments and receive a detailed analysis and a personal therapy programme. This firstly comprises a personalised nutrition plan, which is not based on Indian cooking, but instead applies Ayurvedic principles to light and modern cuisine. It secondly includes specially tailored therapeutic treatments, physical exercise and relaxation sessions. These approaches restore balance to your inner strengths, remove detrimental toxins and stimulate the body’s self-healing powers.
You do not need any prior knowledge of Ayurveda but even if you are already convinced of its benefits, this compact cure is the perfect introductory option or an ideal refresher.
“An introduction to Ayurveda” includes:
– Medical history consultation with a pulse rate and tongue diagnosis as well as nutrition counselling
– 2 tailored Ayurvedic treatments (60 min. each)
– 1 tailored facial treatment (90 min.)
– Ayurvedic full board
– Yoga, breathing exercises (pranayama) and meditation
– Participation in the weekly program
– Perspiration therapy (svedana)
– Entry to the spa area
– Final consultation and strengthening of the body’s natural resources
- Alcohol, coffee and other stimulants should be avoided.
- The cure prices already include all necessary cure services without any hidden additional costs (incl. a personal nutrition plan and full board).
- Hotel services are not included. Cure guests receive a 20% reduction on the room price (subject to availability during the high season and on public holidays).
3 days (extendable)
CHF 980 (excl. room price)
Ascona (summer season)
St. Moritz (winter season)
For consultations and enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the Ayurveda team: