Front Office Trainee Giardino Lago (m/f)January 26, 2022
A real gem located right on the shore of Lake Maggiore – Giardino Lago is extraordinary yet homely, a stylish retreat for modern travellers. Good living, sustainability and cordial service characterise the concept and identity of this personal retreat. This hotel does away with conventions and stars. The 14 individually furnished rooms, plus one suite, are perfect for daydreaming and relaxing. Restaurant Lago boasts a relaxing atmosphere, contemporary architecture and a breathtaking view of Lake Maggiore. And the unique, 400-square-metre roof lounge is the ideal spot to spend a hot Ticino day.
At our personal retreat Giardino Lago in Minusio-Locarno, we are looking to fill the following position for the upcoming summer season, starting approx. from the end of March 2024:
Front Office Trainee
Would you like to gain some experience in the Front Office and Rooms Division for your compulsory internship during your studies at the Hotel Management School? During your internship, you will work in different areas and thus get an ideal introduction to this branch of the hotel industry.
- General reception work and correspondence in German, Italian, English and French
- Check-in and check-out
- Telephone correspondence
- Taking and processing room reservations with Protel computer system
- Cashiering and accounting
- General guest service and advice, as well as handling complaints
- Assignments and assistance to other departments
- Good MS Office knowledge, Protel knowledge as an advantage
- Sense of duty, ability to work under pressure, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in German, English and ideally Italian; any other language would be an advantage
- Respectful interaction with colleagues and superiors
- A well-groomed appearance and confident manner
- An innovative and well-organised workplace
- The opportunity to get actively involved in the opening, everyday business and company development
- Open and transparent communication
- Regular courses and opportunities for advanced training, as well as numerous employee benefits
- A position in a contemporary Swiss hotel group that’s full of character
Meet the job requirements and want to join the Giardino team? Then we look forward to receiving your application via the contact form below or via WhatsApp. Welcome home.