Switzerland has adopted sensible protective measures to contain the corona pandemic (Covid-19). These measures serve to protect both guests and employees. Here you will find a current list of the implementation at the Giardino Ascona for hotel, restaurant and spa. We update this list on an ongoing basis.
At the hotelThe Giardino Ascona has its own operating concept for the prevention of Covid-19 infections. This ensures that the guidelines of Hotelleriesuisse, the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH), SECO and Coiffeursuisse are implemented. Implementation is constantly monitored by a separate Corona officer. We also maintain constant contact with our medical officer and the cantonal health authorities.
- All contact points and storage areas as well as door handles, light switches etc. are regularly disinfected
- All employees are tested on a regular basis in the official test centres of the canton of Ticino.
- Disinfectant dispensers for guest use are located in all public areas
- Where necessary, floor markings are provided to ensure the recommended minimum distance is maintained
- Where necessary, we have transparent partitions to protect both guests and employees
- Our employees are trained in protective behaviour, in the use of protective material and in special cleaning
- Our employees also observe the rules of distance between themselves whenever possible and regularly disinfect their hands
- The public areas are regularly ventilated
- Our cleaning agent contains disinfectant solution
Mandatory wearing of masks
- Our employees wear masks in all areas of the hotel.
- Since 19 October, hotel guests are also required to wear masks in all public areas. An exception to this rule is in the hotel rooms.
In the restaurant
- In the restaurants the minimum distance of 1.5 meters between the tables is guaranteed
- Two seating sessions are offered per evening in each restaurant from 6.30 p.m. to 8.15 p.m. and from 8.30 p.m.. The restaurant Ecco is excluded
- A maximum of 4 guests can be seated at one table, families excluded
- All meals can be served in the room, if desired
At the spa and hair salon
- In the hair salon all furniture, scissors and other tools are disinfected after each guest
- In the spa, the treatment rooms are ventilated and all instruments, materials and the room itself are disinfected with antiviral cleaners after each treatment
- Masks are obligatory in the lounges and paths, but not in the sauna, pool or mooring
- The maximum number of persons in the respective areas (e.g. sauna and fitness) is reduced and declared on site
General Cancellation Policies
- Bookings can be cancelled free of charge up to 7 days prior to arrival. In the event of later cancellations, up to three nights of the booked stay will be charged.
FAQ for cancellations due to Corona (Covid-19)
A cancellation free of charge is possible in case of:
- Cantonal travel ban or a border closure upon entry into Switzerland
- Quarantine obligation after the time of the booking confirmation for guests from other cantons/foreign countries on entry into the canton of Ticino or Switzerland
- The cancellation is possible in these cases latest 15 days prior to arrival. If the above measures are published after this period, we grant a period of 2 days from the date of notification, in this case we will also contact you proactively.
In these cases the general cancellation policies of the hotel do apply (see above):
- Confirmed corona infection by the guest / one of the travel participants (we recommend that you book a travel insurance covering these events)
- Ordered quarantine by the cantonal doctor/tracing centre/local authorities (we recommend that you book a travel insurance covering these events)
- Quarantine obligation upon return from the canton of Ticino or upon return from Switzerland, which already existed at the time of booking or will be implemented afterwards.
In case of a lockdown in the canton of Ticino or Switzerland
If the Federal Government or the Canton decides on a lockdown and the hotel cannot operate, it may withdraw from the contract free of charge. Any advance payments will be refunded. The Hotel has no further obligations.