Recipe of the month:
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
“Sex on the Beach”
Vacation feelings at home? With our recipe of the month, a real classic among cocktails, the “Sex on the Beach” from our bar lounge of the Giardino Ascona, you can easily reminisce about the sparkling moments during your stay at the Giardino Ascona in your own four walls, or mentally beam yourself to the beach in your garden or on the balcony. Here is the whole cocktail recipe for easy reproduction:
Ingredients (for 1 glass)
- 7–8 Ice cubes
- 4 cl Absolut Vodka Elyx
- 2 cl Bols Peach Liqueur
- 4 cl Cranberry juice
- 6 cl Orange juice
- Half an orange peel and optionally a sprig of mint or a fruit skewer of various berries for garnish
- First, fill a cocktail shaker with half of the ice cubes. Put the other half of the ice cubes into the cocktail glass and get it ready.
- Then add 4 cl Absolut Vodka Elyx 24 to the cocktail shaker. One after the other, fill the shaker with 2 cl of Bols Peach Liqueur and 4 cl of Cranberry Juice. Then close the cocktail shaker and shake the contents vigorously with rotating movements.
- In the next step, depending on the cocktail shaker, remove the lid with a small sideways blow. Then pour the contents either through an integrated strainer in the cocktail shaker or a strainer, an external bar strainer, into the prepared glass with the ice cubes. This entire process is also referred to as “straining”.
- Next, carefully pour the 6 cl of orange juice over a bar spoon onto the top ice cubes in the cocktail glass to get the typical coloration of the layers of the cocktail.
- Last but not least, add half a slice of orange to the glass, and if you like, a sprig of mint, or a small fruit skewer of various berries for decoration.
- Et voilà! The cocktail “Sex on the Beach” is ready. Now it’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy the summer feeling at home. Saluti!
Absolut Elyx is a luxury vodka, with a full-bodied taste, which is distilled by hand in a copper pot still. The vodka is distilled from soft winter wheat grown exclusively on an estate in southern Sweden. The bouquet is clear, rich, rounded, and reminiscent of fresh bread and white chocolate, with a slight hint of grain, with a rich, smooth spice note. A smooth spice with fresh nuttiness emerges on the finish.
The transparent Bols peach liqueur is juicy-sweet and fruity in aroma, which is not recognizable at first sight. Especially in the mid-80s, the liqueur gained popularity and since then has been applied in many world-famous cocktails. Thus, Bols has created a variety that has been in the range for decades – an absolute classic!