Recipe of the month: “Lavender Tonic”Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Giardino feeling for your home? No problem! With our recipe of the month, the “Lavender Tonic” from our bar lounge of the Giardino Ascona, you can easily remember the great moments of your stay at the Giardino Ascona with a cocktail at home, or get in the mood for the upcoming stay. Here is the whole recipe for easy reproduction:
Ingredients (for 1 glass)
- 2-3 Ice cubes
- 4 cl Gin Beefeater 24
- 15 cl Fever Tree Tonic
- 2 cl Rose’s Lime Cordial
- 2 cl Lavender syrup
- A sprig of lavender for decoration
- First, fill the glass, with 2-3 ice cubes, as you wish.
- Then pour the 4 cl Gin Beefeater 24 into the glass. One after the other, carefully fill the glass with 2 cl Rose’s Lime Cordial, 2 cl lavender syrup, and 15 cl Fever Tree Tonic Water. Then stir the whole thing well once.
- Last but not least, add a sprig of lavender to the glass for decoration.
- Et voilà! The “Lavender Tonic” is ready. Now it’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy the Giardino feeling at home. Saluti!
Things to know
Beefeater 24 is a London Dry Gin, which was developed in 2008 by Master Distiller Desmond Payne. The London Dry Gin consists of 12 hand-picked botanicals, including grapefruit peel, as well as Japanese and Chinese green teas. On the palate, the gin is very sweet at the beginning, followed by intense natural gin flavors, as well as a long-lasting spicy finish.
Lavender is one of the most popular herbs with its purple-colored flowers. However, it not only looks pretty, but as a medicinal herb itself also relieves some complaints such as migraine, nervousness, or insomnia. Therefore, the leaves and flowers are often used in recipes in the kitchen. The sowing time is from February to March, depending on the region, the flowering time begins already in May to September, harvested from June to September. Since the lavender season is about to begin, the recipe is perfect for the early start of the flowering and harvesting season.